Island Air Service has openings for Cherokee 6 pilots.
These are permanent, year round positions. Island Air is well known for our extensive training program that prepares new pilots for the challenges of flying in Kodiak. Our training program produces pilots who are capable and confident to fly in the Kodiak environment.
New pilots must meet the Part 135 VFR minimums of 500 hours, although 1000 hours plus is preferred.
Duties include flying to 6 villages on Kodiak Island for both scheduled and charter operations. Pilots must be able to load and unload the aircraft, manage unpredictable weather conditions, and work short, gravel runways.
After 1 year of flying the Cherokee, options will be made available to move into the Cessna Caravan. Pilots who spend two years in the wheel program would be considered for a transition to the float program which includes a Cessna 185, 206, and the De Havilland Beaver.
A complete benefit package is available which includes -health care, paid training, competitive pay, housing provided or housing allowance, Simple IRA match, short/long term disability.
Island Air Service has openings for experienced float plane pilots. There are both seasonal and permanent positions available. The successful applicant must have at least 1500 hours total time and a minimum of 500 hours of floatplane time. Prior Part 135 experience required.
The company promotes a proactive safety program in all areas of ground and aircraft operations. Duties include flying to remote hunting and fishing camps; flying scheduled mail service; aircraft charters and bear viewing and flight seeing. The Kodiak operating area is a demanding and challenging environment but is also one of the most beautiful locations in the world to fly.
A complete benefit package is available which includes -health care, paid training, competitive pay, housing provided or housing allowance, Simple IRA match, short/long term disability, and discounted travel. Check us out on Facebook or Instagram. Contact for this position is our Director of Operations, Erik Howard Email- [email protected], Phone-907-487-4596 Fax-907-486-4693
Island Air Service has immediate openings for experienced A&P mechanics. A minimum of five years field experience is required. Pay depends upon experience.
Island Air Service fleet includes Piper PA32's, Cessna 100 and 200 series aircraft, DHC-2 Beavers.
A complete benefit package is available which includes -health care, competitive pay, Simple IRA match, short/long term disability. Check us out on Facebook or Instagram. Contact for this position is Adam Lutz, Director of Maintenance, email: [email protected] Phone-907-487-4596 Fax-907-486-4693.
Island Air Service is seeking a Customer Service Agent.
The primary duties consist of greeting customers, assisting with check in, confirm reservations, and handle payments. The CSA is responsible for maintaining the front lines of communication with the customer.
· Making passenger reservations
· Rescheduling/re-accommodating passengers on cancelled flights
· Schedule passenger and freight movements utilizing an electronic airline management system
· Check-in passengers for flights
· Collect payments from passengers, to include the use of calculator, cash register, and credit card machine
· Keep a well-groomed appearance
· Maintain a positive attitude and overall enthusiastic disposition while interacting with customers
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment
· Maintain a clear line of communication with coworkers and supervisors
· Routinely be able to lift, push, or pull checked baggage up to 75 pounds
· Multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, to include the use of a multi-line telephone, fax machine, and computer printer.
· Have knowledge of Kodiak Island and the locations we service
· Be able to quote schedules and costs
· Occasionally operate company vehicles in an official capacity
· Assist in the training of new CSA’s
· Process fuel sales
· Other duties may be assigned
Potential employees must be able to speak and write English fluently, have reliable transportation, be able to pass a background check issued by the State of Alaska, and have no convictions for any theft or related offenses as related to the handling of mail. This position is full time 40 hours a week and pay will DOE. Please email resumes to [email protected] or drop them off to 1420 Airport Way.